Don’t believe what people say. Growing up sucks. Being a kid is great! No responsibilities, you get summers off and 2 weeks for Christmas!
Enjoy it while it lasts.
You can never get it back. Unless, at some point in the future, my prayers get answered and someone creates a time machine.
Knock on wood.
But, you will become an adult. Even if you are kicking and screaming trying to fight it.
If you are an optimist, like me, here are the top 6 things about being an adult.
1) Alcohol. You can never enjoy its perks until you are an adult. I’m serious. I tried it when I was a teenager, and let me tell you, beer pong and Jack Daniels get old fast. Sometimes you just want to drink a glass of wine and relax. And get classy drunk.
I know you probably don’t believe me, but seriously, take my word for it.
I have gotten drunk enough since I’ve been a “real” adult (post-21) to understand this.
But you get used to it.And being able to decorate your house how you want, being able to sleep next to the person you love (even if he does tell you to scoot over when you are TOTALLY not on his side) , and not having to vacuum all the time.
Are all AMAZING things.
Except the vacuuming part. I need to do that more often. And dishes. I hate doing the freakin’ dishes.
3) Tattoos. I have one that I got when I was 18. I wish I had thought it through a little more, but its become a part of me. And since its on my back, sometimes I forget that it’s there. (I have a bad memory) My next one I have wanted for a while, but I’m going to think about it a while longer. Maybe in a few months. Just promise you will say no to tramp stamps. Or, at least thinkabout it first.
4) Having a job. Having a job is SO much better than going to school. For one, you get paid. And two, you get paid. (Sorry, that’s my favorite part.) Third, if you’re lucky, you will find something you like. And that makes all the difference. Going to work everyday to a job you like is SO much better than going to school and
getting detention doing math.
5) Staying out as late as I want. There have been nights that I have stayed up drinking (or being otherwise occupied) until the wee morning hours. It is awesome. It usually takes me a day and a half to recover, but its worth it. Granted, most nights I am dead by 11 PM, but it is still nice to have the option. With no one to stop me. (Sorry, Mom!)
6) Cereal for dinner, ice cream for breakfast. I know this is going to catch up with me. In fact, it probably already has, but I love cereal. I can (and have) eaten it three meals a day for dayys. Although, the flip side of this is missing real food. But for that, just go over to your Mama’s. She knows how to make the good stuff.