If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know I was in San Francisco this week.
My colleague and I went for a conference called SugarCon, for SugarCRM, a CRM system that our company uses and we administrate.
He does the back end high tech code stuff and I do the front end modifications,marketing, daily administration, and yelling at our sales people to use the system.
It’s a good system.
Heres my week in Instagram – Sorry about all the food pictures, I just had to show all the lovely things I experienced — and yes, food counts.
1) My trip started out with a trip to the airport. When I first arrived, TSA was closed. For some kind of break, apparently? When I finally did get through, as the only person in line (gotta love small airports), I was asked to step aside for a pat down screening. Why? I was wearing sequins. My favorite shirt got me a pat down from TSA. Then, I get through security, and my flight was delayed almost two hours. Needless to say, I got myself a margarita. I earned it.
2) Croque Monsieur sandwich. After flight delays and waiting for our rental car for an hour (which the company then upgraded us up to a Mercedes SUV), we didn’t make it back to our hotel until after 1 AM. We decided that nothing was open at 1 AM, so we ordered room service. I had a Croque Monsieur. Which is just a fancy ham and cheese sandwich. But it was amazing.
3) The view from my hotel room. 3rd floor. Not too shabby.
4) View from the Top of the Mark restaurant. It has glass on three sides and you can see both the Bay Bridge and the Golden Gate. Pretty amazing view. We stayed for breakfast.
5) My name tag from the conference. I was just glad to have made it there safely. We got lost and I was traumatized by San Francisco drivers. Cabbies, I am talking to you here!
6) Guy Kawasaki keynote. Amazing speaker. He gave us all a copy of his book. I brought back one for my boss. We are going to read it.
7) Pizza from room service. It was amazing. I need the recipe.
8) Lots of Sugar at SugarCon.
9) The Garden Room at the Palace Hotel.
10) Have you ever seen this guy? There was a guy doing that at Fisherman’s Wharf. When my love first saw this video on YouTube, he was addicted. So I had to buy him one. Had to.
11) Bittersweet chocolate cake. I need this for breakfast.
12) The lobby at the Mark Hopkins. We are talking seriously fancy here, people.
13) At the airport ready to go home!
14) Flying from LA to Visalia. I couldn’t resist getting a picture of the ocean. I miss the beach.
15) The tiny plane that we took from LA to Visalia.
16) Ahh. Home. Looks so much different from being in the city. But I am glad to be back!
This trip had some hiccups, but I am SO glad we went. We learned quite a bit. Now it is time to put that learning to good use and get our program running even better!
What did you do this week?